24 Nisan 2014 Perşembe

Who am I?




Hi!

My name is Nesrin Gökmen. I am studying ELT in Middle East Technical University. I am a senior student. I am doing my internship right now and I want to share my observations, ideas and thoughts with "teacher-to-be"s. I know that people get nervous even when they first begin to do micro-teachings. When it comes to the internship, real students, and real classroom environments, I know that you have some concerns. That's why I am here. :) I have been through all of this and I want you to benefit from my experiences. I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

When it comes to my teaching philosophy, I can say that I love working with children. ı have done my internship with 5th graders at METU College and this time, I will be working with primary school students. I am very excited about that. I love their energy. They always smile and they are ready to learn at any time. They enjoy learning English with songs, rhythms, games and so on. As a learner who has rarely spoken English until I came to university, I think learners need to speak as soon as they learn English. Communication is really important for me. They should be able to express themselves and share their ideas. Learner autonomy is also important for me. We should be able exchange ideas because they know how they learn better, not me. Also, I should be flexible as much as possible when something doesn't work in the class. Besides, class dynamics can be different from each other even in the same graders, so I believe teacher should be initiative to make necessary changes if necessary.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder